Ideas, Suggestions, Submissions - Email: writerscornerstone@gmail.com

"LIKE" us on FACEBOOK search: Writers Cornerstone

Monday, April 25, 2011

WRITINGS by Sarah B: Ave Maria

falling falling falling......boom ....hit me.... smacked up fractured soul.....I keep reminding myself of this frailty....and the lone violin weeps quietly in the backdrop of my life.....no one can hear my scream which sits comfortably, behind forgiving eyes....just me, walking to the bus noticing the tiny spider-like cracks and disintegration in the side walk.....where does it lead?....just me, noticing every detail of the characters the bus riders become...as I board it vacantly....from scowls to smiles.....friendly crow's feet..... gap toothed mouths with cracked lips..and cross-eyed stares..once I had a complete moment.....it made me cry.....it was this man....This OLD black man.....completely destroyed by time.....the wrinkles told the truth of his slavery to the bottle.....what looked like an old western style revolver was tucked into his shabby stained slacks....and he was sitting in a babies stroller.....I remember that day was rainy and cold ..... a sour stench infiltrated the humid day.....and as I waited to board the 40B....the man played AVE MARIA on this tiny child's electronic keyboard......no one looked at him.....he was ignored completely......rain began falling....and there he still sat.....AVE MARIA.......feeling so much pity a tear rolled down followed by several more.....I stood there completely unraveling in this moment.....time standing still.....you know..... one of those cinematic events that really aren't that glamorous.....but somehow touch you morally...like the first time you got your ears pierced..or that first day of school.................................ave maria............

By: Sarah B.


Photography by: CC

No comments:

Post a Comment