Ideas, Suggestions, Submissions - Email: writerscornerstone@gmail.com

"LIKE" us on FACEBOOK search: Writers Cornerstone

Thursday, April 14, 2011

WRITINGS: Friendly Advice Column - #1 - Mind Control

Hello, I am 24 yrs old and I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and hard place, suffocating in confusion. I am strong and independent yet I feel weak and frail at times. I'm dating someone new and don't want to run them off with negativity because of my insecurities. I feel inadequate and unattractive at times but then I think it could be much worse, yet I still feel depressed. I feel like I want to change the way I look or be different but then sometimes I feel happy and have more confidence. It's like a high and low, a roller coaster. Maybe I've got low self esteem. Looking for advice, thanks, Patti.

Perhaps it's trickery of the mind. In my life I've learn that most of the pain and stress we feel can be overcome with discipline of mind control. We are what we believe. It's important to tell yourself as I often do, it's all a state of mind. Focus on the positive rather than negative, don't dwell on what's negative, let your imagination be positive, think positive. Life is much nicer and peaceful in this way of thinking. Perhaps you should shift your focus. For example visualize yourself accomplishing great things and see yourself happy, count your blessings. Take mental note of all that your grateful for, your qualities, your talents, all that makes you unique and special to your friends and family who adore you. Life is more than just looks! You are strong and independent, that is attractive. Men prefer a woman with character and personality vs a knock out beauty queen with a bad attitude or dull sense of humor. Think positive, don't let negativity spew out of your mouth. You may also be experiencing a hormonal change, it's not so uncommon for women to feel this way at times. With mental discipline and positive beliefs you can overcome negativity, your life will inevitably take a turn in a more favorable direction.Google search self help books with the topic of positive thinking or what is relative to what your feeling, see what encouragement is out there! Reading is also a great shift of focus. Just my opinion. Best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment