Ideas, Suggestions, Submissions - Email: writerscornerstone@gmail.com

"LIKE" us on FACEBOOK search: Writers Cornerstone

Saturday, December 25, 2010

POEM: The Desert

My thoughts are lost in the sand
Cold and trembling once again
I spun myself in sheep’s fur
Alone in the dark, my vision a blur
I turn to my little lamp to spark a flame
One more flicker in a dozen of men doing the same
My only comfort, my little lamp
Slowly burning securely safe
Almost envious of it’s place
I imagine home and reminisce
Contemplating what will come of this
Some will say I’m a hero, but none will understand
What it’s like to be alone, in the desert sand.


CC. Copyright 2007

Dedicated to the armed forces of the United States of America, those willing to risk their lives for a greater good.


Check out this MILITARY blog site  "ANU NEWS" -----click------> HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment