Ideas, Suggestions, Submissions - Email: writerscornerstone@gmail.com

"LIKE" us on FACEBOOK search: Writers Cornerstone

Monday, March 14, 2011

WRITINGS: Q & A with Dr. Carlos Wolf

Q: I need help…quickly. I just had my lips injected with Juvederm, just in time for my boyfriend to come visit me from out of town. The problem is that my doctor gave me too much and I look like a Ubangi. Is there anything I can do in the next few days to make my lips look normal? My boyfriend is going to freak. Help me!

A: The short answer is yes; so chill he won’t ever know you injected your lips. You are lucky that you got injected with Juvederm. Juvederm, Restylane and Perlane are hyaluronic acid fillers. There is an antidote for people who get injected with them and are not entirely satisfied with their results. Because hyaluronic acid is broken down by the enzyme hyaluronidase , you can have your doctor inject you with this enzyme to rapidly reduce the amount of filler you have in your lips. The usual technique is as follows. Your doctor will determine if you are a candidate for this simple procedure. Once he or she determines that you are, your physician will inject you with some of the enzyme and have you come back after one or two days. Usually it will take a few days for you to respond to the treatment. The enzyme breaks the hyaluronic filler to a product your body will safely absorb. This is an easy fix for an embarrassing problem. The best way to avoid this problem is to pick a physician you feel comfortable with and have seen their results. Remember not everyone can learn how to inject fillers in a weekend course. You should pick a Board Certified Facial Plastic surgeon, Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist. Good luck.


Connect with Dr. Carlos Wolf on FACEBOOK --Click----> HERE. 

For more info visit Miami Plastic Surgery ---Click----------> HERE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment