Ideas, Suggestions, Submissions - Email: writerscornerstone@gmail.com

"LIKE" us on FACEBOOK search: Writers Cornerstone

Friday, January 7, 2011

WRITINGS by Sarah B: Crucify the Sinner

"Crucify the sinner"...whispered from his dry lips softly in to my ear...i felt his clutch tighten around my frail neck...his voice was cracked like an old violin...eyes bloodshot red which made them more beautiful than before...his voice was so soft though...the warmth of his breath whisked my hair gently into my ear and tickled a little...looking around at this broken old church, the fire had engulfed everything...as his hand gripped my neck tighter I wanted to collapse into his arms so he could take away with him...back to that deep hole in the ground...which grew from it small flowers butterflies and bees swarmed around...but i could only sit there crying and laughing at the same time like i was mad...the walls started to crumble but i still stayed paralyzed looking into his now pale eyes gazing right back into mine...his voice getting deeper and more cracked as he began to combust with smoke and fire blazing right next to me...I stood up and started to pray..."our father who art in heaven hallowed be thy name...." there was no saving this soul though...his black suit and white collar turned to dust and all that was left was the decrypted burnt corpse of the once remarkable person... or so I thought until I learned he swam in a lake filled with secrets... claiming to be some "savior" , some "messiah"..."but you must remember only the body dies" echoed though the dreary cathedral...his last words.

No comments:

Post a Comment