Ideas, Suggestions, Submissions - Email: writerscornerstone@gmail.com

"LIKE" us on FACEBOOK search: Writers Cornerstone

Thursday, January 6, 2011

WRITINGS: Q & A with Dr. Carlos Wolf

Q: Help! My lips are shrinking! I am 64 years old woman and have found that in addition to growing wrinkles around my mouth my lips seem to be vanishing right before my eyes.  Here is my question.  If I decide to do something about my lips do I have to look like Angelina Jolie?  I live in a very conservative community and I don’t think it would not go over too well, besides that I don’t think my husband would approve. Please help.

A: You are not alone.  I find that lip rejuvenation is frequently something that is overlooked in “women of age (WOA)”.  I often see patients that come in to fill the lines around their mouth and the nasal-labial area, but rarely do they ask to do “something” about their lips.  More often than not, they are embarrassed to ask about lip enlargement and or modification.  I think that WOA conjure images of lips like Angelina Jolie and feel that lips like hers are not appropriate for someone their age.  So here’s my take, lip rejuvenation is essential for WOA.  I will often introduce this concept when I have “a little extra” filler and suggest that we put it in their lips so we won’t waste it. By doing this, my patients don’t feel guilty (but  feel sexier) that they brought up the suggestion. Following this introduction they ask me to put in “just a little more” with each successive visit.  The fillers I use include Restylane, Perlane and Juvederm.  Pain is something that all patients fear and they have heard of patients having to get injections of anesthesia around their mouth to prevent this. I think these injections hurt more than the actual fillers does, so I do not use them unless a patient is absolutely adamant about using them.  With the introduction of fillers that have lidocaine in them and the use of a topical anesthetic cream prior to the injection, pain should not be a factor keeping you from using fillers. Very often I see my patients coming back to my office dressed differently, strutting their stuff after just one session of lip rejuvenation. 

 

Connect with Dr. Carlos Wolf on FACEBOOK --Click----> HERE. 

For more info visit Miami Plastic Surgery ---Click----------> HERE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment