Ideas, Suggestions, Submissions - Email: writerscornerstone@gmail.com

"LIKE" us on FACEBOOK search: Writers Cornerstone

Friday, June 3, 2011

POEM by CC: The Homeless Voice - POETRY CONTEST

I walk so far with no where to go
no where to call home, no bed to rest my head
If you walked with me you would know
this painful road, how it feels in rain soaked clothes
I once was well and had a home, a job, a car and girl to hold
Now my days are spent alone,
I'm tired, I'm hungry, I'm cold
You don't seem to care, because I'm Homeless
It seems so unfair, If only we could come together
and show our love for each other
What would it take to be noticed
to receive a helping hand
a kind gesture, a meal, a Shelter
If you could open your heart
I might have the chance, at a new start
In Community Partnership
We can all learn, and help one another
A father, a mother, a sister a brother
Our world would be a better place in turn
Where we care about men and women, and Stand Up for Kids
many who don't have a choice
Let me be heard, Let me be The Homeless Voice
I've learned from my misfortune
and because of this, I'll become a better person
So if I had one wish, I'd wish for Love to shine through
to be a light of hope for those in need
what would you wish for if you were me?


Written for the Poetry Contest to raise awareness for the Homeless.

Top 2 poems, winner TBA. The Homeless Voice org.

Use the SEARCH field on this blog site to browse other topics: Education, Charity, Poem, Writings, Music, Local.  

No comments:

Post a Comment