Ideas, Suggestions, Submissions - Email: writerscornerstone@gmail.com

"LIKE" us on FACEBOOK search: Writers Cornerstone

Monday, April 16, 2012

POEM by Matt: Oasis

Oasis

o·a·sis/ōˈāsis/ Noun:

1. A fertile spot in a desert where water is found.
2. A pleasant or peaceful area or period in the midst of a difficult, troubled, or hectic place or situation.

Guys, I just won the lottery but kept it a secret
I didn't want anyone congratulating me
Secretly hoping to get a donation LOL
But for some, now reason I want to tell the whole world!
And Facebook is the perfect place to do it
I won more than enough to splurge for the rest of my life
And just thinking about what I could do....
OH GOODNESS! BUTTERFLIES!!!! :D
I'm thinking about a house on the beach
Pleasant Asian neighbors (I love Chinese food)
2-3 Kids, 2-3 of them are going to have dreads too hahaha!
And most importantly a hammock on the porch facing the water
Selfishly, I'm not going to give it away
Neither will I spend it
I'm going to hold it dear to me for as long as I can
For you are my Oasis
I was born with two hearts, one on each side
And the second one just started beating when I won you
I will keep you safe, no one else will take you away
If I have the opportunity
And maybe over time, my love will grow for you with interest $$$

 
Use the SEARCH field on this blog site to browse other topics: Education, Charity, Poem (poetry), Writings, Music, Local. OR search your favorite Cornerstone Writer. 
 
Email your poetry or writings to: writerscornerstone@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment