Ideas, Suggestions, Submissions - Email: writerscornerstone@gmail.com

"LIKE" us on FACEBOOK search: Writers Cornerstone

Sunday, December 18, 2011

POEM by Matt: Stood Up

"Lets go out on a date"
Tomorrow night on the beach, we'll have a picnic; only deserts
Sweet morsels touching your lips by accident
Then snapping at the spoon just before the cream falls
Oh, I get butterflies just thinking about it
Mixed with the smile you give me when I describe the menu
I'll prepare for this "kindergarten crush" date
I'll workout, reserve the spot, and of course think about it ALL day
An hour before, I call and no response
Maybe she's in the shower :)
I'll add a text, "call me back"
An hour later, no response :(
I've been stood up
This feeling is one of a loser that has paid his heart as the entry fee
Only to be told, you're disqualified
It happens, but it hurts
I guess... more desert for me


Use the SEARCH field on this blog site to browse other topics: Education, Charity, Poem (poetry), Writings, Music, Local. OR search your favorite Cornerstone writer. 

Email your poetry or writings to: writerscornerstone@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment