Ideas, Suggestions, Submissions - Email: writerscornerstone@gmail.com

"LIKE" us on FACEBOOK search: Writers Cornerstone

Thursday, December 1, 2011

WRITINGS: Q & A with Dr. Carlos Wolf - Nasal Surgery (Rhinoplasty)

Q.  I am a 28-year-old man thinking of having nasal surgery. I know you say that men are chickens, but I am really one. Can you walk me through the steps of undergoing a nose job and also fixing the inside of my nose as I have trouble breathing?

A. Of all types of patients and surgeries, men and their noses are the most demanding. Here is the step-by-step procedure that I use: I will consult with a man, knowing that he has been thinking about nose surgery for years, prior to surgery. I will discuss his goals and desires and finally ask what exactly he would like to have done. Very often there is a functional component (breathing problem) that must be addressed. 

Finally, I will show pictures of other patients who have undergone surgery and then proceed to take photos of the patient. I essentially “photo shop” the picture so as to give my patient a reasonable idea of what he can expect as a result of surgery.Once expectations, risks and benefits are discussed, the surgery is performed, usually as an outpatient procedure. It takes one to two hours under general anesthesia. The patient remains in recovery for approximately one to two hours and then leaves. I remove the cast after seven days. The patient can resume reasonable activity within eight days and full activity in one month.

There is minimal pain with this procedure. Most patents require very little pain medicine. I have continued to decrease the number of pain pills that I prescribe, as people find that it is a waste of money. If a patient is not happy, a revision may be required, although this is rare.


Connect with Dr. Carlos Wolf on FACEBOOK, Click HERE. 

For more info visit Miami Plastic Surgery, Click HERE. 

Email: CWOLF@MIAMIPLASTICSURGERY.COM

Use the SEARCH field on this blog site to browse other topics: Education, Charity, Poem (poetry), Writings, Music, Local. 

1 comment:

  1. I have read all the questions and answer which is mention on this rhinoplasty post are really very informative and interesting to read.
    rhinoplasty

    ReplyDelete