Ideas, Suggestions, Submissions - Email: writerscornerstone@gmail.com

"LIKE" us on FACEBOOK search: Writers Cornerstone

Thursday, April 28, 2011

POEM by Maritza ROSE: The Day I Died

I felt as though the adrenaline rush would never end
My heart couldn’t stop beating
But as more and more blood rushed out of my body
I couldn’t help but think that this was the end

The year started off fresh
My happiest moment was just about to end 
I fell in love again for the second time 
This time it was stronger than the first 
My happiness would move mountains
I cried today
Something I hadn’t done in a long time
I knew that it was strange
I felt as though
My head was spinning
My spirit has left my body
I looked at myself from above
I saw my pale skin and
My body changing colors

I haven’t told anyone how I felt
Usually that’s what happens
I love my family
I care about my friends 
They have no clue that Today my life ends
I wish everyone the best
As I have had
I’m 21 now, I’m done
I’ve tried what I’ve tried

This is the day
This is the day I died

By: Maritza ROSE aka Delilah (MM)

No comments:

Post a Comment