Ideas, Suggestions, Submissions - Email: writerscornerstone@gmail.com

"LIKE" us on FACEBOOK search: Writers Cornerstone

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

POEM by Maritza ROSE: Painful Departure

He never said a word
left me to my own
I was free like a bird
Yet I wanted to be home
I sent him emails and texts
yet never got an answer
Called him on his phone
and still no answer
I don't understand
what I have done to deserve this
the silence, the ignorance, the pain
I cry my heart out every day
In my little world
It didn't happen this way
I feel like disappearing
Wanting the pain to go away
Why oh why didn't he just stay
With me holding me tight
All I have are dreams that prevent
me from sleeping every night
Not at all, not even for a second
Did I think he would ever stop loving me
But now after all this
I'm not sure of anything
By Delilah (MM)

No comments:

Post a Comment