Ideas, Suggestions, Submissions - Email: writerscornerstone@gmail.com

"LIKE" us on FACEBOOK search: Writers Cornerstone

Saturday, July 30, 2011

CHARITY: Poetry Contest - WINNING POEMS PUBLISHED!

Below are the two winning poems from our recent contest to raise awareness for the homeless. Both winning poems have been printed in The Homeless Voice newspaper which is currently being distributed on the streets throughout Miami. Keep an eye out while driving and be sure to take a copy, it's FREE. The Homeless Voice is an admirable Organization helping the homeless to help themselves, they provide education and assistance, working tirelessly cleaning up our community by helping those in need. 

Poor and Rich by Matthew Jacquette

I lost it all
Will I find it again?
My faith is still here but for how long?
What else do I have
I have my heart
I have wealth in love
I have so much you cannot see
For the best things are free, the sky, the sea
My spirit, my intellectual deeds
I have the consideration of others; charity
Those who see the best in me
I feel deprived, but the opposite is my reality
Thank you angels for your protection
I am me
The world does care
For they know I am here
Charity
Come and share with me

The Homeless Voice by Carrie Loper

I walk so far with no where to go
no where to call home, no bed to rest my head
If you walked with me you would know
this painful road, how it feels in rain soaked clothes
I once was well and had a home, a job, a car and girl to hold
Now my days are spent alone,
I'm tired, I'm hungry, I'm cold
You don't seem to care, because I'm Homeless
It seems so unfair, If only we could come together
and show our love for each other
What would it take to be noticed
to receive a helping hand
a kind gesture, a meal, a Shelter
If you could open your heart
I might have the chance, at a new start
In Community Partnership
We can all learn, and help one another
A father, a mother, a sister a brother
Our world would be a better place in turn
Where we care about men and women, and Stand Up for Kids
many who don't have a choice
Let me be heard, Let me be The Homeless Voice
I've learned from my misfortune
and because of this, I'll become a better person
So if I had one wish, I'd wish for Love to shine through
to be a light of hope for those in need
what would you wish for if you were me?


Poetry Contest RULES, click HERE.

The Homeless Voice Org. - Get INFO. click HERE.

Use the SEARCH field on this blog site to browse other topics: Education, Charity, Poem, Writings, Music, Local. 

No comments:

Post a Comment