Ideas, Suggestions, Submissions - Email: writerscornerstone@gmail.com

"LIKE" us on FACEBOOK search: Writers Cornerstone

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

WRITINGS by Sarah B: The Cadaver

So cold… ice cold
Eyes blue as sapphires
Hair as fine as cashmere
I cried so long …
So long .
My soul was tortured
With thorns of regret
Oh… and the blood
Oh… and the terrors
My tortured twisted soul
Twitching… itching…
Stitching up the pieces
Of a burdened life without you
Your departure was agony
I was resurrected into hell
The flames burning
The fire torching my soul
There is nothing left
A broken shell of porcelain
So fragile, weak, and empty
Sorrow has filled the well
The well of tears
I drank… and drank… and drank…
Until I had a mouth full of salt
So dry…
So cracked…
So parched…
A deserted soul
Scorched and steamed
Who could love this deserted soul
You did once, my tender love
Now you’ve since gone
You joined the departed
The lost ones
Your love was warm
A warm blanket
Cradling my fragile heart
My frightened soul
Frightened you may leave me
Now you’re gone…
A cadaver on a marble slab

By Sarah B. 



POETRY CONTEST! ----Click----> HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment