Ideas, Suggestions, Submissions - Email: writerscornerstone@gmail.com

"LIKE" us on FACEBOOK search: Writers Cornerstone

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

POEM by Matt: Tour Love

I'm in a band
For us to become famous we've gotta tour
As you can imagine that doesn't sit well with her
I'm in London drinking wine
Then I'm coming back home for a short time
Then playing in Egypt for the Pharaoh
See her again in a short while
I'm growing; gaining perspective on life
She's stagnant; nothing new, ever so narrow
Many stories to tell as I arrive back home
As if the rock star version of Indiana Jones
The world is mine to tour
And sadly I want more, more than her
And suddenly my home is no longer where it used to be
My home is the tour, the tour is my life
And I've lost my wife

Use the SEARCH field on this blog site to browse other topics: Education, Charity, Poem, Writings, Music, Local.  

No comments:

Post a Comment