Ideas, Suggestions, Submissions - Email: writerscornerstone@gmail.com

"LIKE" us on FACEBOOK search: Writers Cornerstone

Friday, May 27, 2011

WRITINGS: Q & A with Dr. Carlos Wolf

Q: I just came home form from seeing my mother’s plastic surgeon. I am interested in having breast augmentation. I am eighteen years old. When I asked him what type of implant I should have, he said that if I want it to feel natural I should get silicone implants. My mother asked him if it was ok for me at my age and he told her that I probably had some scoliosis and that would make it legal. I have never been told I had scoliosis. I am uncomfortable, what do you think? 

A: You have reason to feel uncomfortable. If this surgeon or any surgeon is willing to lie in order to get around FDA rules, think how he'll treat you if anything goes wrong. Silicone Gel-filled implants are indicated for females who are at least 22 years of age, as well as for revision surgery to correct or improve the results of a primary breast augmentation surgery. It is also indicated for breast reconstruction that includes cancer, trauma or severe breast abnormality from improper development. While the “natural” feel of a silicone implant is alluring, the maintenance may not be. It is recommended that once you have a silicone gel-filled implant you get a breast MRI approximately once every two years. This is done in order to make sure that there are no micro perforations in the shell. The cost of the MRI over the lifetime of the implant along with the cost of the initial implant ,makes the over all cost of silicone implants much higher than a saline implant. While this is not the only reason to think twice, ask you doctor lots of questions to determine if what you're getting is really what you need.


Connect with Dr. Carlos Wolf on FACEBOOK, Click HERE. 

For more info visit Miami Plastic Surgery, Click HERE. 

Use the SEARCH field on this blog site to browse other topics: Education, Charity, Poem, Writings, Music, Local.   

No comments:

Post a Comment