Ideas, Suggestions, Submissions - Email: writerscornerstone@gmail.com

"LIKE" us on FACEBOOK search: Writers Cornerstone

Friday, May 13, 2011

POEM by Chiquitta Hills: Tired of The Struggle

It seems like all my life I've been in the struggle
One way or another
From my childhood til now
No money in the bank
I just can't do without
Being on welfare not because I want to
I really need it because that's the only way I can survive
I guess I got to do what I gotta do to keep my dream alive
I hate borrowing money saying I'm gonna pay you back when I get it
Some people stop answering their phones
Cause they don't want to lend it
Sticking to my gut, trying to be independent
As a single mother raising two sons on my own
Their daddy left me, and I'm afraid to be alone
It's a challenge trying to turn a boy into a man
Being a product of their environment is not apart of the plan
I'm tired of the struggling, I wanna do better
I want to come up and make this cheddar
Lord knows I need to be blessed
Please get me out of this mess
This situation causing me to stress
I know what my kids are thinking...
Daddy and momma always fussing and fighting everyday
Every month they're worrying about how the rent gonna get paid
All this drama coming into my life
I don't know which way to go, is it left or right
I pray to God to make a decision for me..
And show me how life is suppose to be
I'm like a kid that needs a teddy bear to cuddle
Please God rescue me out of the struggle

By Chiquitta Hills, Elegant


Photography by CC. 


POETRY CONTEST! ----Click----> HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment