Ideas, Suggestions, Submissions - Email: writerscornerstone@gmail.com

"LIKE" us on FACEBOOK search: Writers Cornerstone

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

POEM by Danny H: Bobby McGee

Broken glass lies where I stood
A million little pieces is so misunderstood
My face lies all over the floor along with yours, broken picture frame and all
A memory from a better time
A time when we smiled
A time when we laughed
A time when I believed we would last
Those days are gone
Gone with the wind
Now all that remains is remorse and sin
You broke my heart, NO! 
You grabbed it and ripped it out
Piece by piece, vessel by vessel
I could feel how cold you were as my pulse slowly started to slow
Now staring out the window, praying for a new day
No...a new beginning to something I desperately tried so hard to fix
As my eyes close and I drift away I know that tomorrow will be a new day
A day in which I will be me
It is now safe to say if you love someone set them free
I'm sorry i was never you "Bobby McGee" 

By Danny H.


ART: "I PAINT NY" Link up with the Artist on FACEBOOK, click HERE.


POETRY CONTEST! ----Click----> HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment