Ideas, Suggestions, Submissions - Email: writerscornerstone@gmail.com

"LIKE" us on FACEBOOK search: Writers Cornerstone

Monday, May 23, 2011

POEM by Matt: Shower me with words

A word word from your mouth
Could be as sharp as a knife
As cold as a blizzard with no end in sight
As vulgar as profanity
As rough as a rock's edge
As smooth as a pebble
As warm as the sun's rays at 7:30am
As surprising as a proposal on a 2nd date
As uplifting as a compliment
As sweet as Key lime pie
As sour as a Warhead
As generous as charity
Though free to all these options and more
Why choose the negative?
I'd rather give and take and feel the suns rays on my face
Than the scare of a knife and stone
Forever I will choose the positive word
I'll give you a vacation from your hectic day with my sentence
Desert with verbs
Love with words
Shower me, shower you with words

By Matt


Photography by CC.

ADDITIONAL QUICK LINKS:

Hurricane Season is approaching! Are you prepared? Get info, click HERE.

Check out our POETRY CONTEST for Charity. Click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment