Ideas, Suggestions, Submissions - Email: writerscornerstone@gmail.com

"LIKE" us on FACEBOOK search: Writers Cornerstone

Sunday, May 15, 2011

POEM by Maritza ROSE: Left

You surprised me one day 
sneaking up on me like the wind 
Just the thought of you still there 
made my stomach spin
I couldn't come to an agreement
To let you stay
You would take too much of my time
Would it be of my dismay

Up and down my emotions rattled
Like a roller coaster
They couldn't settle 
Depression took a toll on my mind 
No matter what I tried
I couldn't unwind

Even though I wasn't alone 
I felt as though the decision had to be my own
As much as I cried
I finally decided to let you stay 
The next step was to Exclaim exclaim exclaim
Then one day you left me
After I was attached, and my love grew
You left me stranded
You left me blue

By Maritza ROSE 


POETRY CONTEST! ----Click----> HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment